Microsoft: Give Xbox One users IPv6 connectivity

Marco Sommani marcosommani at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 08:08:02 CET 2014

On 14/mar/2014, at 07:08, Eric Vyncke (evyncke) <evyncke at cisco.com> wrote:

> On 14/03/14 00:21, "Marco Sommani" <marcosommani at gmail.com> wrote:
>> AVM is not alone in its choices: they just do what is suggested in RFC
>> 6092 - "Recommended Simple Security Capabilities in Customer Premises
>> Equipment (CPE) for Providing Residential IPv6 Internet Service". I don't
>> like what they do, but maybe we should blame IETF.
>
> Marco
>
> I agree and disagree :-)
>
> Agreement on the fact that AVM is not the only CPE vendor doing this (and
> also blaming ISP -- notably in my country 15% of broken IPv6 connectivity
> = Belgium)...
>
> Disagreement: RFC 6092 has TWO settings: one close and one open and the
> choice should be given to the end-user. As you may know, there have been
> heated discussion at the IETF on this topic

One can configure exceptions on Fritz!Boxes too: just go to "Internet>Permit Access>IPv6". The problem is that they just allow exceptions for individual Interface Identifiers; no way to configure a "permit all". I'm wondering how many XBOX users are able to find their Interface ID.

--
Marco Sommani
Via Contessa Matilde 64C
email: marcosommani at gmail.com