Microsoft: Give Xbox One users IPv6 connectivity

Eric Vyncke (evyncke) evyncke at cisco.com
Fri Mar 14 07:08:55 CET 2014

On 14/03/14 00:21, "Marco Sommani" <marcosommani at gmail.com> wrote:
>AVM is not alone in its choices: they just do what is suggested in RFC
>6092 - "Recommended Simple Security Capabilities in Customer Premises
>Equipment (CPE) for Providing Residential IPv6 Internet Service". I don't
>like what they do, but maybe we should blame IETF.

Marco

I agree and disagree :-)

Agreement on the fact that AVM is not the only CPE vendor doing this (and
also blaming ISP -- notably in my country 15% of broken IPv6 connectivity
= Belgium)...

Disagreement: RFC 6092 has TWO settings: one close and one open and the
choice should be given to the end-user. As you may know, there have been
heated discussion at the IETF on this topic

-éric