464XLAT CLAT for Linux

Tore Anderson tore at fud.no
Tue Mar 11 01:27:08 CET 2014

Hi list,

In the hope that someone will find this interesting, and would like to
test it out: I've just published an implementation of a 464XLAT CLAT for
Linux at https://github.com/toreanderson/clatd/. It integrates with
systemd/upstart/NetworkManager to automatically enable/disable the CLAT
when appropriate. TAYGA (http://www.litech.org/tayga) is used for the
actual RFC 6145 IPv4<->IPv6 translations.

If your ISP doesn't support NAT64/DNS64, there are a few public
instances available which you can configure clatd to use instead:

http://ipv6.lt/nat64_en.php
http://go6lab.si/current-ipv6-tests/nat64dns64-public-test/
http://www.trex.fi/2011/dns64.html

(Considering that this list has been silent fir the last few days, I am
hoping you'll find this little shameless plug admissible...)

Tore