Question about IPAM tools for v6

Aurélien footplus at gmail.com
Fri Jan 31 14:59:24 CET 2014

On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 2:07 PM, Ole Troan <ot at cisco.com> wrote:

> >> Consensus around here is that we support DHCPv6 for non-/64 subnets
> >> (particularly in the context of Prefix Delegation), but the immediate
> >> next question is "Why would you need that?"
> >
> > /64 netmask opens up nd cache exhaustion as a DoS vector.
>
> FUD.

Hi Ole,

I personnally verified that this type of attack works with at least one
major firewall vendor, provided you know/guess reasonably well the network
behind it. (I'm not implying that this is a widespread attack type).

I also found this paper: http://inconcepts.biz/~jsw/IPv6_NDP_Exhaustion.pdf

I'm looking for other information sources, do you know other papers dealing
with this problem ? Why do you think this is FUD ?

Thanks,
--
Aurélien Guillaume