IPV6_RECVPKTINFO not working for IPv4-mapped addresses on Linux?

Benedikt Stockebrand bs at stepladder-it.com
Fri Jan 24 14:13:13 CET 2014

Hi Gert and list,

Gert Doering <gert at space.net> writes:

> RFC 2292 / 3542 talk about the socket API extentions to get IPv6 destination
> addresses (IPV6_RECVPKTINFO), so with that and a bit of source code reading,
> you can figure out how it works for IPv4 (I haven't found actual docs for
> that yet).

I still consider Stevens/Fenner/Rudoff (Unix Network Programming, Vol.1,
Third Edition) the my personal favourite, especially when it comes to
making sure that code is portable.  Chapter 22 covers the destination
address issue.

Cheers,

    Benedikt

--
Benedikt Stockebrand,               Stepladder IT Training+Consulting
Dipl.-Inform.                       http://www.stepladder-it.com/

	Business Grade IPv6 --- Consulting, Training, Projects