IPV6_RECVPKTINFO not working for IPv4-mapped addresses on Linux?

Simon Perreault simon.perreault at viagenie.ca
Mon Jan 20 18:12:10 CET 2014

Le 2014-01-20 12:00, Gert Doering a écrit :
>> Anyway, if you really want to make your life miserable, open sockets
>> bound to the individual IP addresses found on the machine---and then
>> also listen on a routing socket so you know you have to look for new
>> addresses coming in...  (Last time I checked that was pretty much the
>> only option you had with Java.)
>
> *That* is where we will *not* go.  It's what bind and ntpd do, and it's
> a large can of different worms we do not like either :-)

IIRC, recent versions of Bind open a socket per address on IPv4, and on
IPv6 they open a single socket. Seems like the IPv6 extended API has
everything they need to do their thing and they no longer need to play
socket tricks.

Simon
--
DTN made easy, lean, and smart --> http://postellation.viagenie.ca