IPV6_RECVPKTINFO not working for IPv4-mapped addresses on Linux?

Gert Doering gert at space.net
Mon Jan 20 17:17:06 CET 2014

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 09:28:21AM -0500, Simon Perreault wrote:
> Le 2014-01-20 09:00, Gert Doering a écrit :
> > This *is* a long-term goal, though, to enable OpenVPN to listen on multiple
> > sockets in parallel (including "udp and tcp" in the same server), but this
> > part of the code is *old*, has way too many options, and runs on way too
> > many systems with their own specific surprises.
>
> <rant>
> In my experience, this is the single most difficult thing about
> migrating a code base to dual-stack. Code bases that already deal with
> multiple IPv4-only sockets are *much* easier to migrate to dual-stack
> than those that expect only a single socket.

True, and other functionality is easier to add as well (like "listen on
the official port and something else for special cases", etc.) :-)

Turns out, as you describe, that we can't always start from scratch but
have to work with what's there...

(The option to rip out *all* socket handling and replace it by boost asio
has been brought up...)

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster

Tel: +49 (0)89/32356-444           USt-IdNr.: DE813185279