Reaching google.com using Chrome

Sammer Mati matisami at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 19:02:12 CET 2014

Not sure if this was discussed before or not, but I am seeing a strange
behavior when I try to reach Google.com (and also facebook.com) from a
Windows 2008 R2 VM that has dual-stack connectivity, it is taking about 300
seconds to load google.com. Facebook will load faster, but if I log on to
it; it wont show my facebook page.

Here is the other strange thing: if I use Internet Explorer with google.comor
facebook.com there is no problem whatsoever.

If I want to reach IPv6 only pages like [2600::] or IPv4 only pages like
cnn.com then there is no problem using either Chrome or IE. So the problem
is only with dual-stacked pages when using Chrome.

We ran wireshark and found out that the IPv6 address is different for
Google.com when using IE or Chrome! I haven't tested yet with Windows7