MTU handling in 6RD deployments

Jean-Francois.TremblayING at videotron.com Jean-Francois.TremblayING at videotron.com
Tue Jan 7 17:10:10 CET 2014

> How many users use your 6rd BR (pr. BR if many)?

50k on a pair of ASR1002-5G, but the second is mostly idle.

> How does the rate-limiting (drops) numbers look at your side?

Actually, it's quite high (over 50%). I gave up on reaching zero here.
The nature of the traffic seems to be bursty enough that getting to zero
will be nearly impossible.

> We hit a problem where the default rate-limiting (100/10) where way to
> aggressive. Right now, we have reduced it to minimum (1/200), but we
still
> see some drops. Next step would be to turn rate-limiting off, but from
an
> operational perspective, it does not taste very good.

Agreed. We might actually try these numbers or even disabling it and see
what happens CPU-wise.

/JF