IPv6 broken on Fedora 20?

Tore Anderson tore at fud.no
Tue Jan 7 12:42:43 CET 2014

* Hannes Frederic Sowa

> It also had some affect of anycast address generation.
>
>> But you are right, essentially it should work but some assumptions were
>> made in the kernel which should have been checked first.
>
> I guess they're switching back to 64 while suppressing automatically addding
> prefix routes:
>
>   <http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/307389/>
>
> This feature should also be available in iproute then.

Could you elaborate on the anycast address generation problem?

Reason I'm asking is that even though the patch you linked to allow NM
to return to adding /64s in the case of SLAAC, there's still DHCPv6
IA_NA which are always /128, yet possibly in combination with arbitrary
prefix length onlink routes (if PIO exists in RA with A=0, L=1). I'm
thinking that perhaps this anycast address generation problem could be
present in that case too?

Tore