interesting multicast packet

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Tue Feb 25 11:13:31 CET 2014

On Tue, 25 Feb 2014, Gert Doering wrote:

>  ff08::2.8083  (UDP, payload length 21)
>
> But that's not what I'm wondering about - I'm more curious about that
> sort of packet - what is that?  What is it used for?  Which process is
> emitting it, and what is it trying to achieve?

http://www.adminsub.net/tcp-udp-port-finder/8083

Port: 8083/UDP8083/UDP - Known port assignments (3 records found)
ServiceDetailsSourceus-srvUtilistor (Server)IANA EMC2 (Legato)
Networker or Sun Solcitice Backup (Official)WIKI
QuickTime Streaming ServerApple

Does the windows machine run legato networker och similar backup service?

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se