Poll on SMTP over IPv6 Usage

Gert Doering gert at space.net
Mon Feb 17 13:46:24 CET 2014

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 09:47:28AM +0100, emilio brambilla wrote:
> PS it's very odd to see so much sendmail on this list, where I would bet
> to see something more cutting-edge even on the software side!

If you think sendmail is not cutting-edge, you have never harmed yourself
trying to make it work!

(For me, this is pure legacy - when I set up my first mail system with IPv6,
it had sendmail on it, and it did IPv6 just fine.  Postfix was a bit new,
qmail required way too much patching, and sendmail was *already there*...)

gert

Tel: +49 (0)89/32356-444           USt-IdNr.: DE813185279