So, time for some real action?

emilio brambilla emilio at ngi.it
Thu Feb 6 18:37:22 CET 2014

hello,

On 02/06/2014 05:00 PM, Lorenzo Colitti wrote:

> Ah, right - because it would infuriate people. Just like turning off
> IPv4 would infuriate 98+% of Internet users.

no, we will not shutdown ipv4 on the access network, nor on the servers
and neither on the corporate firewalls.
ipv4 will be shut down only by single users who will want to test a ipv6
only internet... it's usefull (I think) only to make content provider to
says "hey, on june the 6th a few guys will discover which website will
not be ipv6 ready and the day after newspapers will write that google,
facebook, twitter are ready, but skype and a lot of other big are not"...
...maybe some CIO will get budget from the CEO to move their company on
the list of the ipv6 ready list :-)

I know we do this test (turn off ipv4 on our laptop) every week and we
also have plugins on the browser to tell us how we reach a website, but
the ipv6day may create the critical mass we need to make something
really happends!

--
saluti,
emilio brambilla