Poll on SMTP over IPv6 Usage

Phil Pennock ipv6-ops+phil at spodhuis.org
Thu Feb 13 23:07:33 CET 2014

On 2014-02-13 at 15:23 -0500, James Small wrote:
> Interested in what you're using to send/receive SMTP over IPv6:
>
> A) Using ________ (product) from __________ (vendor)

Exim, from The Exim Maintainers; I'm one, and the mail between exim.org
and my own mail box routinely goes over IPv6.

To send, as a submission client, mutt, which works with IPv6, and I've
set up Thunderbird in years past, it just worked.  (I know this, because
I used GSSAPI for auth, so the hostname was set IPv6-only because I only
have enough IPs for per-service matching forward-reverse DNS, with
service-based names, if I use IPv6).

> B) Using ________ (service provider or "cloud solution")

Gmail, to/from, works fine.

-Phil