Enterprise Dual Stack without IPv6 Transit

Daniel Roesen dr at cluenet.de
Tue Dec 9 20:34:25 CET 2014

On Tue, Dec 09, 2014 at 04:59:05PM +0000, Steve Housego wrote:
> This is interesting, I hadn¹t came across ?Happy Eyeballs¹ essentially
> they attempt both connections simultaneously - this is great.

But proper Happy Eyeballs implementations give IPv6 a positive bias so
to help get traffic moved to IPv6 instead of IPv4. Some (one single?)
selfish implementation uses "whatever is connecting faster" with
associated bad effects for transition and troubleshooting. That's got
called "Hampering Eyeballs".

Best regards,
Daniel