SMTP over IPv6 : gmail classifying nearly all IPv6 mail as spam since 20140818

Merike Kaeo merike at doubleshotsecurity.com
Sun Aug 24 19:05:21 CEST 2014

FWIW - There was a thread on this Gmail IPv6 spam filtering problem on another list I'm on where it *is* affecting large'ish enterprise folks using business gmail and there are a more of whom will be putting in enterprise tickets to get visibility - as some tickets have yet to get appropriate responses and sadly the workaround for folks has been to not use v6 to send to Google MXs.   From that list I'm gleaning there as some change possibly made in April that is affecting how spam in v6 is being handled but I have no definitive data on this.  Some folks on that other list do have PTR, SPF and DKIM in place.

Again, since a Google engineer on that other list is compiling specific details from the people that chimed in with them and forwarding issues to internal teams responsible, let's see what outcome is.  He is filing a bug report.

Certainly getting lots of visibility on many lists.

- merike