SMTP over IPv6 : gmail classifying nearly all IPv6 mail as spam since 20140818

Marco d'Itri md at linux.it
Sat Aug 23 20:45:32 CEST 2014

On Aug 23, Doug Barton <dougb at dougbarton.us> wrote:

> Yes, I get it. Advances in e-mail security are making your life (and perhaps
> even your business model) more difficult, and you don't like that. But
> complaining about it isn't going to help. The world is moving on, if you
Yes, this is clear to me even without the lecture: in the email world
receivers make the rules, so right or wrong they may be the rest of the
world has to adapt.
I was just pointing out that some "facts" are not so well established.

> DKIM, etc. It's been a couple of years at least that you can't send mail
> with any degree of confidence to the big three without at least SPF, and
> over a year that you also need DKIM.
Looks like your servers are in a very bad neighborood then (or you have
a very problematic mail stream), because I am quite sure that this is in
no way universally true.

--
ciao,
Marco