SMTP over IPv6 : gmail classifying nearly all IPv6 mail as spam since 20140818

Marco d'Itri md at Linux.IT
Fri Aug 22 11:26:41 CEST 2014

On Aug 22, Laurent GUERBY <laurent at guerby.net> wrote:

> As there's no way to reach google mailops we had to remove IPv6 from our
> mail machines and go back to IPv4 only for mail, which is sad.
I just filter the gmail networks on my mail servers, you can find the
list in the gmail.com SPF record.
Google really wants everybody to switch from IP-based to domain-based
reputation, so their systems are very very quick in penalizing IPv6
addresses and the only solution is to use SPF and/or DKIM.
Being Google, they obviously know better than you so there is no
remediation procedure available.

--
ciao,
Marco