PTR records for IPv6

Florian Lohoff f at zz.de
Tue Sep 3 11:56:39 CEST 2013

Hi,

On Mon, Sep 02, 2013 at 09:30:22AM +1200, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
> So, is there any real operational value in this, or is it just
> a case of "we did it for v4 so it must be right for v6"?

Its a nice to have IMHO.

Whats missing is an idea how to get forward and reverse DNS out to
residential customers e.g. delegate a /56 prefix to its pre:fix::53
address so a residential gateway/CPE/iad can generate forward
and reverse DNS for its addresses handed out.

I'd like to see this - We might have the opportunity to get rid of NAT
for residential customers so we should enable to them to participate in
the internet as a full member not some "client beeing able to use the
clickable part of the internet"

Flo