PTR records for IPv6

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Mon Sep 2 00:07:43 CEST 2013

I believe there is value. If you intend to send email etc, it's fair you have a PTR record. Most dynamic IP ranges in v6 will either have none or one generated on the fly. They aren't really intended to have mail coming out of them without going through a real server. Sorry for those of you running stuff at home, better spin up that data center vps which is static for your mail relay.

Jared Mauch