"Your IP address is coming across to us in an invalid format."

Bill Owens owens at nysernet.org
Wed Oct 16 20:48:27 CEST 2013

So says this little pop-up box that I get when I go to. . . cisco.com:

Welcome to Cisco
Cisco.com Registration

We are sorry but analysis of your internet protocol (IP) address does not permit us to complete your Cisco registration at this time.

Your IP address is coming across to us in an invalid format. Please try again. If this error message continues please contact web-help at cisco.com and provide them with this transaction number and error code.

IPv6 is an "invalid format". That explains so much. . .

Bill.