IPv6 duplicate DAD packets from Android clients?

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Oct 8 09:19:52 CEST 2013

On 10/08/2013 01:02 AM, Erik Kline wrote:

> It could be a bug, i.e. a client trying to do an NS for the router but
> for some reason not using its link-local address (whacky race
> condition where DAD for link-local hasn't completed?).

Maybe; we've got a lot of Android clients on the network, and I'd
assumed any bug would be more widespread, but I guess given the
diversity of hardware and OS fiddling that goes on, it might be feasible
that only 2 of ~3000 hosts would be affected.

Maybe I'll try and identity the client OSes more accurately.