ipv6 port scanning by CERNET

Matsuzaki Yoshinobu maz at iij.ad.jp
Sun Oct 6 03:35:57 CEST 2013

Tassos Chatzithomaoglou <achatz at forthnetgroup.gr> wrote
> The last few days we're getting continuous port scannings from
> 2001:DA8:1:FFFE::108.

The same here. It seems the scan is based on hostnames as I am getting
the scannings only for my web server's IPv6 address.  Probably this is
IPv6 only portscans as there is no similar activities on IPv4 address
of the server.

There are 3 IP header profiles:
 - observed hoplimit: 241 - originally 255?
 - observed hoplimit: 50  - originally 64?
 - flowlabel 0x12345 with random hoplimit upto 45 (observed)

I got the portscans to almost entire tcp ports, but the following
ports got more scans from the host.  For 80/tcp, I got GET scans for
cmd.exe and other well-known admin pages, and other methods - POST,
PROPFIND, PUT, Secure, TRACE and secure connections as well.

    21/tcp
    22/tcp
    113/tcp
    139/tcp
    143/tcp
    199/tcp
    443/tcp
    445/tcp
    554/tcp
    995/tcp
    1812/tcp
    3389/tcp
    5060/tcp
    5061/tcp
    5900/tcp
    8080/tcp
    8888/tcp

On udp ports, I have observed scan packets on 520/udp (RIP request),
161/udp (snmp), 53/udp (dns) and 137/udp (smb).as well as the
following ports.

    17/udp
    19/udp
    53/udp