RFC 5952 converter tool

Benedikt Stockebrand bs at stepladder-it.com
Sat Nov 30 12:21:27 CET 2013

Hi Leo and list,

Leo Vegoda <leo.vegoda at icann.org> writes:

> Can anyone recommend a library or other tool, preferably open source,
> that can take non-RFC 5952 formatted IPv6 addresses and convert them to
> a compliant format?

while I don't know if it is actually RFC5952-compliant, if you look for
a scriptable tool, then the swiss army knife style tool for the job
should be Peter Bieringer's ipv6calc.  It ships with various Linux
distributions, is open source and if you just want to ensure some sort
of canonical representation to allow for string comparison, then it is
the tool of choice in any Unixish environment.

Cheers,

    Benedikt

--
			 Business Grade IPv6