is gmail strongly penalizing IPv6 senders?

Gert Doering gert at space.net
Thu May 30 22:58:41 CEST 2013

Hi,

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 11:35:16AM -0400, Jared Mauch wrote:
> On May 30, 2013, at 11:30 AM, md at Linux.IT (Marco d'Itri) wrote:
>
> > For the time being let's just assume that I am not a moron. :-)
>
> As a likely moron on this topic, my mail seems to be working "OK".  (e.g.: I refuse to deploy DNSSEC for a few reasons, and breaking my domain is a major contributor.. I only *think* i mostly get the other stuff like SPF right).
>
> If it broke over IPv6, I'm positive Gert would hunt me down.

Uh, right now puck is whitelisted anyway...

 acl whitelist addr 2001:418:3f4::/48

... so I won't even see whether milter-greylist thinks the SPF records
are good or not.  OTOH, to the semi-trained eye, the TXT record for
puck looks good :-)

You might want to check the ones for the lists that you host that are not
<list>@puck.nether.net, though - outages.org comes to mind, which has no
SPF record today.

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster

Tel: +49 (89) 32356-444            USt-IdNr.: DE813185279