is gmail strongly penalizing IPv6 senders?

Marco d'Itri md at linux.it
Thu May 30 16:46:02 CEST 2013

I have noticed in the last few days that mail sent to gmail from a
significant number of our servers (both shared hosting / mail relays and
dedicated servers of our customers) with IPv6 connectivity is delivered
to the spam folder.
If there has been spamming activity (as a result of some security
incident, I am not an ESP) from some of these servers then it is not
recent.
The reputation problem is tied to the IP address, because after adding
a new one in the same /64 mail is delivered to the inbox.

(OTOH, recently I have received significant complaints from customers
about gmail rejecting connections or delivering to the spam folder even
long after a security incident, so this may be not specific to IPv6.)

--
ciao,
Marco