http://www.6assist.net/ - call for test

Jeroen Massar jeroen at massar.ch
Fri May 10 17:14:36 CEST 2013

On 2013-05-10 17:06 , Max Tulyev wrote:
> Proto-41 or 6to4 is a point-to-point tunnels in any case. So if you want
> to communicate directly to the significant part of the world this way,
> you need to set up and maintain hundreds of tunnels, as well as hundreds
> of BGP sessions. Also you have to go through a long and hard
> administrative work to negotiate all those tunnels.
>
> In our case, you need to set up only one tunnel and only one BGP session
> to the ROUTE SERVER, which provide you all the routing information about
> all the peers and prefixes.

Really...tunneled connectivity without link monitoring (can't with
tunnels), latency/throughput checks or quality checks using a route server?

As Randy would say: I suggest everybody else to use that!

Please though do not do this, it will just make IPv6 SUCK for everybody
using that.

For the few ISPs who are in a remote location who cannot get native
IPv6, let these people connect to their CLOSEST native connectivity point.

I'll repeat again: if you know of ISPs who want IPv6, but cannot get it,
let them send an email here. I am sure that various real transit
providers will make them offers they cannot refuse.

A setup like you propose with 6assist is fun for people who want to
LEARN how BGP works, but for real connectivity, please just do not do it.

Greets,
 Jeroen