Announcing RIPE assigned prefix in ARIN/APNIC region

Peter Mueller ipv6ops at gmail.com
Thu May 2 22:39:46 CEST 2013

Dear List,

i am currently in the middle of our IPv6 planning, and i have a simple
question which i just can't find an answer.

We received a /32 from RIPE and my initial address plan consisted of
creating several /36, assign them per geographical region (Europe/Asia/NA
etc.) and assign a /40 for our datacenters in these regions.

One question which came to my mind was whether or not it is ok to announce
a RIPE assigned prefix (the /36) in the ARIN/APNIC Region? or should i go
to ARIN/APNIC and request additional prefixes?

I want to do things right at the beginning, which is the reason i am asking
here. I couldn't find any information in the ripe-552 document, and my
google fu failed me miserably, but this could also be a layer 8 problem ;)
Feel free to slap me if this is the case

I would appreciate any input (e.g. how you are doing it) or pointers to
documents which clarifies this question.

Thanks for your help,

Kind regards,
Peter