end user assignment best practice

Ron Vachiyer proutfoo at outlook.com
Tue Mar 19 01:27:45 CET 2013

> I see how this false sense of entitlement by the ISP may pose an
> operational problem.  :)

Hmm, wow this chat is taking an interesting turn ;)

Thanks for your comments folks.   I guess its still a matter of discussion.  Would it be considered a false sense of entitlement for the ISP to number the provided device in IPv4 using the first IP of the network?  Arguably if in IPv6 the ISP should not use a /64 out of the customer prefix for his edge device, the ISP should also route a second /30 to number his devices and route the IPv4 subnet to customer equipment as well?

Ron.