Fwd: Re: security.ubuntu.com not accessible in IPv6 (AAAA record missing in the DNS)

Philipp Kern phil at philkern.de
Tue Mar 12 21:24:20 CET 2013

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 07:21:07PM +0000, Chris Hills wrote:
> I still consider it broken since none of the nameservers for ubuntu.com.
> have ipv6 addresses so it is inaccessible from ipv6-only networks.

There's a huge difference between not being able to access security.ubuntu.com
via HTTP from an IPv6-only host and not having an IPv4-capable resolver.
For the latter even NAT64/DNS64 is sufficient. (Or you hand one of those
precious IPv4 addresses to your resolver to resolve the internet.)

Kind regards
Philipp Kern