IPv6 resources

Ignatios Souvatzis ignatios at cs.uni-bonn.de
Mon Mar 11 12:04:02 CET 2013

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 03:35:45AM -0500, Grant Ridder wrote:

> I am working on a study for school titled "IPv6 Deployment in an Enterprise
> Environment".  My end goal is to write a report detailing the history of
> IPv6, reasons for implementation, then how to plan and implement it, and
> finally ways to maintain the v6 infrastructure.  I have found several
> presentations, white papers, reports, and books that will help.
>
> My questions is what specific resources have you found to be helpful with
> relation to v6?  (i.e. books? reports? RFC's? seminars?)  Also,
> in addition to the list above, is there anything else that may help in
> creating a comprehensive IPv6 deployment report?

The '6net Book" might be of some help:

http://www.6net.org/book/deployment-guide.pdf

Also, maybe some other documents provided back then by that project:

http://www.6net.org/

If you're specifically interested in the history, you have to go way back.
The old IPng working group archives might be of some help; especially the
charter http://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/ipngwg/charter/
and the documents/drafts/rfc's referenced as background for its work.

Regards,
	-is