6to4 status (again)

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Sat Mar 2 09:44:03 CET 2013

>> XP didn't have IPv6 enabled by default, and IIRC didn't have Teredo even if you enabled IPv6?
> I think the default depended where your image came from. XP definitely had
> Teredo (and so did Vista of course, but I think its defaults were like Win7).

You had to run a command to enable IPv6 on WinXP. Once you enabled it
the defaults did look like they do in Win 7.

However XP is increasingly less significant. It will have its loyal
adherents for many years to come, the balance has already tipped to
Windows 7:

http://www.winbeta.org/news/windows-8-climbs-267-market-share-february-2013-041

Doug