6to4 status (again)

Ignatios Souvatzis ignatios at cs.uni-bonn.de
Fri Mar 1 08:50:14 CET 2013

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 07:15:12AM -0500, Brzozowski, John Jason wrote:

> We do feel that 6to4 traffic will go up before it goes down as native IPv6
> deployment increases.  Only when native IPv6 reaches reaches a tipping
> point do I believe 6to4 we will see a decline in 6to4 traffic and usage.

Probably yes. Btw - I'd expect that most 6to4 devices are already
deployed (Apple Airport) and the traffic increase is caused by more
IPv6 peers available - be it peer2peer applications on native or
Teredo, or published services that grew AAAA.

Is this compatible with what people are seeing? (That is - do people with
web server statistics see less increase?)

	-is