Facebook broken over v6?

Jeroen Massar jeroen at massar.ch
Fri Jun 7 18:21:50 CEST 2013

On 2013-06-07 09:12, Aaron Hughes wrote:

> Anyone else getting connection hangs and closes to Facebook?

Yes, and from a lot of vantage points, thus it is not your local network
that is at fault, seems that there are some IP addresses which are being
returned by some Facebook DNS servers that are actually not properly
provisioned and thus do not respond.

More to it at:
 http://www.sixxs.net/forum/?msg=general-9511818

I've informed the Facebook peoples (and bcc'd them on this email), and
apparently they are digging into it from the response I've received.

Note that using www.v6.facebook.com apparently works fine as that IP is
not affected and is not geo-balanced or something like that thus is
always (afaik) the same. Thus if you like sharing your life and
everything you do, that is the thing to use.

I guess, this is affecting more and more people as there are now various
providers who are delivering IPv6 natively or via 6rd and a lot of
eyeballs live there. Good that there is still MySpace which does not do
IPv6 eh ;)

Greets,
 Jeroen
  (not a social network user, but I do hope this gets resolved for the
   ones that do use them)