Point-to-point /64

Matt Addison matt.addison at lists.evilgeni.us
Tue Jun 4 01:58:32 CEST 2013

Sent from my mobile device, so please excuse any horrible misspellings.

On Jun 2, 2013, at 11:00, Gert Doering <gert at space.net> wrote:

Hi,

On Sat, Jun 01, 2013 at 01:56:23PM -0700, Jeroen Massar wrote:

One thing to keep in mind though is that quite some gear is optimized

upto the first /64 bits, and might use slower paths for longer prefixes,

I keep hearing this statement, but so far, have never heard specifics about
"which gear is that" and "how big is the impact", so I tend to file this
under "urban lore".

Do you have specifics?  Which vendors, which platforms, what impact?

3750 won't do load balancing on prefixes >/64

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750x_3560x/software/release/15.0_2_se/configuration/guide/swipv6.html#wp1115853