teredo.ipv6.microsoft.com off?

Enno Rey erey at ernw.de
Wed Jul 17 16:26:29 CEST 2013

Ron,

> >> Strongly concur here as well.  One less thing I have to disable on
> >> all my systems in enterprise nets.
> >
> > Windows boxes that are in an Active Domain (which should match your
> > 'enterprise net') have Teredo and 6to4 disabled per default.
> > Next to that one can enforce that of course through AD policies.
>
> A number of my enterprise nets support many OSs and are not AD-centric.  That's why I qualified my enterprise nets as "heterogeneous".  But yes, if you are homogeneous on Windows and everything is in AD, you can disable those things through GPO.  For me, we have to tell each of our users to disable teredo, disable 6to4, disable privacy/temporary addresses, etc., and in many cases beg them to upgrade to OSs that support DHCPv6.

what if they use Android based systems? is there support for DHCPv6 in the interim?

best

Enno

--
Enno Rey

ERNW GmbH - Carl-Bosch-Str. 4 - 69115 Heidelberg - www.ernw.de
Tel. +49 6221 480390 - Fax 6221 419008 - Cell +49 174 3082474
PGP FP 055F B3F3 FE9D 71DD C0D5  444E C611 033E 3296 1CC1

Handelsregister Mannheim: HRB 337135
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Enno Rey

Troopers 2013 Videos online: http://www.youtube.com/user/TROOPERScon?feature=watch