Dual stack statistics?

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Mon Jan 28 09:28:20 CET 2013

On Mon, 28 Jan 2013, Brian E Carpenter wrote:

> I was just wondering if anyone has collected statistics on how much
> IPv6 traffic a typical dual stack user sees in practice.

I have heard people talk about web proxies which are DS getting 30-50%
IPv6 traffic.

That might not be representative as for instance Win XP users won't be DS
by default (but will be IPv6 capable when accessing websites through a DS
proxy).

So my guesstimate would be in the 15-30% range from hearing other people
talk about this, but I have no hard facts.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se