6to4 status (again)

Dmitry Anipko Dmitry.Anipko at microsoft.com
Wed Feb 27 22:57:45 CET 2013

>> I see a lot of BitTorrent traffic from Win7/WinXP preferring 6to4<->teredo.

My understanding is that some peer to peer apps are explicitly using Teredo, because it gives them some amount of NAT traversal "for free".

>>What exactly Win7/Win8 software prefer v4<->v4?

Chris's statement about preference is correct for apps which do not explicitly specify, what interface/address they want to use - e.g. user doing web browsing and the browser using mainstream Windows networking APIs to make a connection.