Juniper's IPv6 feature licencing (was: Re: PXE booting over IPv6)

Tore Anderson tore at fud.no
Thu Feb 14 08:28:56 CET 2013

I've named'n'shamed Juniper on this list a few times for requiring a
licence to run some IPv6 routing protocols on their switches, while
keeping the corresponding IPv4 routing protocols licence-free.

Therefore I think it's only fair that I also let the list know when
there actually is some change for the better. So - starting with JUNOS
12.3, they've rescinded the practise of charging extra for IPv6, and
there is now licencing parity between IPv4 and IPv6:

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos12.3/topics/concept/ex-series-software-licenses-overview.html#jd0e276

* Tore Anderson

--
Tore Anderson