RA & DHCP problem...

Philipp Kern phil at philkern.de
Mon Dec 30 14:02:19 CET 2013

On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 02:47:47PM +0200, Roger Jørgensen wrote:
> My biggest problem with this entire "discussion" is the complete lack
> of respect for others way of configuring thing, or building setups.
> Probably worse is the laughing of someones valid use cases by others.

I did not see a cohesive and convincing argument for it on this list
yet. For instance defgw over DHCPv6 was argued with "it makes failover
easier" while it has exactly no influence over that. There might be
a slight preference for having global unicast addresses as default
gateways instead of link-local addressing, but that seems like a matter
of preference to me.

As Mikael points out we are mostly not mean but would genuinely like to
understand what the proper usecase is for it.

Kind regards
Philipp Kern

PS: This whole discussion reminds me of sysvinit vs. systemd, really.