RA & DHCP problem...

Gert Doering gert at space.net
Mon Dec 30 13:38:55 CET 2013

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 02:32:58PM +0200, Tarko Tikan wrote:
> > IA_*PD*  has nothing to do whatsoever with this whole discussion.
>
> Yes it does and you can't ignore that. You will use DHCPv6+IA_PD in
> broadband setup and because you already have DHCP, questions arise why
> not use it for default gw as well and keep it simple for everyone.

That's a fully different discussion than what Nick brought up.

> IA_PD is one very big reason for the (repeating) discussion we are
> having right now.

IA_PD is a red herring, because it's fully independent from everything
else, except that it happens to use the same mechanics as IA_NA -
effectively it's different enough as far as handling in devices is
concerned that it could be considered a protocol in it's own.

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster

Tel: +49 (0)89/32356-444           USt-IdNr.: DE813185279