RA & DHCP problem...

Dmitry Anipko Dmitry.Anipko at microsoft.com
Mon Dec 30 04:29:58 CET 2013

Is there a chance this discussion can be captured in http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-yourtchenko-ra-dhcpv6-comparison-00 , or in some other "problem statement" document for potential issues re configuring routing with RAs?

There has been a few discussion recently on this topic, and hence it does seem there is pain, however it doesn't seem there is a consensus on what all the pain points exactly are, as well as that DHCP is necessarily the right cure for that pain.

To me it seems that capturing pain points in a document, which by going through the standard IETF process would (or would not) gather consensus on the problem statement, could be a productive way to move forward toward a solution.