RA & DHCP problem...

Hannes Frederic Sowa hannes at stressinduktion.org
Sat Dec 28 17:36:18 CET 2013

On Sat, Dec 28, 2013 at 03:41:58PM +0100, "Roger Jørgensen" wrote:
> It should be possible to have a network running DHCP without any RA, if
> someone wants to do that. As far as I know, and you need RAs in todays
> world because DHCPv6 can not give out defaultroute. It break the
> standard if it (DHCPv6) does...

DHCPv6 does not provide any on-link information. So you would have to
include those, too. IIRC dibbler dhcp implementation has their own option
to specificy prefix length and on-link information so I assume you can
already use it standalone without RA. But I don't see any benefit in
doing so.

(dibbler already supports sending gateway and route informations in
dhcpv6).

Greetings,

  Hannes