'Upgrading' NAT64 to 464XLAT?

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Fri Dec 20 10:11:13 CET 2013

Tore Anderson <tore at fud.no> writes:

> Didn't try USB tethering, but there's no IPv6 on the wireless one as
> far as I can tell.

Just to follow up on this.  I see the same on a Galaxy S3 with
Cyanogenmod (i.e. plain Android 4.3): No IPv6 by default on the usb
tethered interface.  I cannot really see any reason why, because AFAICS
the only components missing is some RA daemon and a route.  Instead they
force all tethered traffic through the CLAT daemon and the NAT64
gateway, even if the destination is dual stacked.  Really odd choice.

Manually adding a route to the USB interfaces on both ends and an
address to the USB interface on the host side is enough to make it
work.  Looks like IPv6 forwarding is enabled by default on all
interfaces.

Bjørn