IPv6 broken on Fedora 20?

Tore Anderson tore at fud.no
Thu Dec 19 17:59:45 CET 2013

* Simon Perreault wrote:

> Is there any other Fedora user on this list that could confirm this?

I can confirm that SLAAC-learned addresses are added as /128s on the
interface, but I don't see how this is a problem, not to mention
"broken"? The route to the on-link /64 does get correctly added here, at
least.

FWIW: NetworkManager has started processing RAs in userspace, and
without having confirmed it, I would guess that it simply deals with the
A=1 and L=1 flags in two separate and independent passes, and that it's
therefore easier to always do the A=1 part as /128. If it had always
used /64 instead, you'd automatically get an on-link route, which in
turn would break the A=1, L=0 case.

Tore