A simple test for email via IPv6

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at ipinc.net
Tue Apr 30 11:32:59 CEST 2013

Hi Valeriy,

   Please, please shut this script down immediately until you put
it together properly!

   Here is a transcript of me spamming myself with your script.  Notice
that your script does NO error checking.   I transmitted the mail
message from the Internet Partners public mailserver with my Gmail
address forged as the senders address and your script happily delivered
it to my Gmail address.

   I hope this adequately demonstrates the potential for abuse.  If
not, imagine if I was a malevolent attacker who wanted to fill up
someone's Gmailbox with thousands of "Congratula​tions from v6net.ru"
mail messages.

   I know we're all excited about IPv6 but the problem is that way too
many people are implementing it without any firewalling, or filtering
or anything.  Please don't think that the spammers are stupid.

Ted

mail# nslookup
 > set type=MX
 > mail.v6net.ru
Server:         50.198.160.177
Address:        50.198.160.177#53

Non-authoritative answer:
mail.v6net.ru   mail exchanger = 10 ip6.mail.v6net.ru.

 > set type=aaaa
 > ip6.mail.v6net.ru
Server:         50.198.160.177
Address:        50.198.160.177#53

Non-authoritative answer:
ip6.mail.v6net.ru       has AAAA address 2a02:5800:0:a::144:10

 > exit
mail# telnet 2a02:5800:0:a::144:10 25
Trying 2a02:5800:0:a::144:10...
Connected to gamma.bestcom.ru.