Monitoring IPv6-MAC mappings

Phil Pennock ipv6-ops+phil at spodhuis.org
Tue Apr 2 20:52:40 CEST 2013

On 2013-04-02 at 14:39 +0100, Phil Mayers wrote:
>                                 but I was under the impression most
> people used one of the various open-source or commercial offerings (e.g
> NAV, Slaacer, and the like).
>
> However - I then found I had trouble locating these in Google, perhaps
> because I wasn't picking the right terms, but maybe they don't have good
> Google Juice?

google(ipv6 arpwatch) -> NDPMon predominantly, arpwatch-v6 (a GitHub
project, monitors NDP too).

NDPMon is the one I'd heard of; most people coming from IPv4 are
probably familiar with arpwatch, right?

The term I'd use doesn't turn up anything until you add arpwatch as an
example: google(link layer address monitoring software, arpwatch)
which yields <https://github.com/fln/addrwatch>, which is dual-stack.
Bonus.  And then NDPMon, etc.

-Phil