IPv6 and DNS for the residential service provider

Ron Vachiyer proutfoo at outlook.com
Mon Sep 24 20:59:34 CEST 2012

> I think this is an argument in favour of allowing dynamic updates.
> It does not matter if the OS does not use it automatically, but it
> provides a standard and simple to implement API for customers.

Hello,

I would agree, except that TSIG-less updates are open to DoS as pretty much anyone that can reach the authoritative DNS can update whatever record they like without authentication.  Unless you are suggesting using some sort of client on the customer side to perform the updates using a key-exchange system of some sort?

I am starting to look for a dyndns open-source-type system with multiplatform clients...

Ron.