IPv6 and DNS for the residential service provider

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at ipinc.net
Mon Sep 24 20:42:05 CEST 2012

They only NEED rdns if they are running a mailserver or some other
server on IPv6 that is going to have a fixed IP in which case you
can manually create those records.  Yes I know people would like to
have rdns for residential customers but how is the Internet served
by having ten million resolvable rdns names on the variation of
DELL1235465SERVICETAG395482323.workgroup.mshome or some such rubbish?

Ted