IPv6 DNS Config Strategies

Tim Densmore tdensmore at tarpit.cybermesa.com
Thu Sep 20 13:42:43 CEST 2012

On 09/20/2012 04:58 AM, Nick Hilliard wrote:
> On 20/09/2012 11:29, "Roger Jørgensen" wrote:
>> uhm, if that was the usage, go look at HaCi, excellent tool
> or netdot, which is (imo) a lot better.
>
> Nick
We (well, *I*) looked at several IPAMs, since our old spreadsheet way of
doing things was obviously not going to cut it.  Most of the
better-looking ones were pay-to-play, and that wasn't going to fly.
HaCi, at least on a VM, was extremely slow, but otherwise, I did like
the hierarchical layout.  I eventually settled on Gestio IP. which is
fast, reasonably good, and allows me to kick out an xls sheet, which is
still important to some folks where I work.  I can't remember whether I
looked at netdot or not.

TD